Sunday, January 29, 2012

New house pix

Matthew came up from Florida and spent a weekend in December and hung all the inside doors except a couple of closet doors and 4 doors in the basement. Plus he trimmed all the windows. This was a huge undertaking since the first floor of our house has 13" walls (and 13" deep window sills) because it was first built out of cinder block then we furred out the inside walls with 2x4 walls so we could re-wire and properly insulate them. Plus we have quite a few windows upstairs. After he left I finished trimming a couple of windows and put down all the baseboards. I had 5 doors to hang. When I got done two of them didn't close right. Guess I won't give up my day job. But I fixed them. Our last two cabinets (that we had to special order) come in this weekend. Then we can finish the kitchen. Then all we have is a bunch of painting and the deck. Almost there. Here are some pics. The first couple of pics are of a snow storm we had last weekend that fell on Saturday and melted on Monday. Kind of like being back in the Tri-Cities. It's been unusually warm this winter. I think it's all that hot air from the politicians.







No comments: