Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day Tribute to my kids

It's Father's Day 2007.


It takes a child to make a Dad. We were lucky enough to have six! Six kids! How does that happen? Well I guess I know how it happens, but it's still amazing to me how we all get together in a family and how we get to know each other and grow to love one another and the experiences we have together. I'm really proud of my children and grand children and with what they are doing (although having another teenager in the house has it's moments :).

I'm looking forward to being with all of you (I guess except Katie & Bill) in the San Diego Temple with Joey and Kimberly in July. And I know that Katie & Bill would be there if they could. To my mind this is the mark of success. This is, as they say, what it's all about. So, Naomi, Katie, Susan, Matthew, Joey, and Jackie ... thanks for being our children, thanks for being such good people, thanks for working to receive your own testimony of the gospel and for working to make a contribution in the kingdom, and thanks for the love you express and show to me and your mom. And to those who have joined our family -- Dan, Bill, Chris, Nicole, and soon Kimberly (along with Sariah, Sabrina, Sophia, Charlie, Cajsa, Calvin, Hattie, Rylann (soon) and "the other little bambino :), I love each of you and and I'm glad you're part of our family.

Love Dad.

No comments: