Sunday, October 19, 2008

Love Letters


Today in Relief Society the Joseph Smith lesson 'A Heart Full of Love and Faith: The Prophet's Letters to His Family was taught. I was touched by his words of love and devotion he had towards his family. I was thinking how we know that we love one another but do we truly express it to one another. Yes, we call often and say "I love you" but do you really know that I pray for each one of you daily. That your success in the world and in the gospel and for your safety and my grandchildren are always in my prayers. I name each of you by name including my grandchildren. I pray that my children are teaching my grandchildren about the gospel of Jesus Christ. That you are teaching them who God the Father is and that He answers prayers. That Jesus Christ is their Redeemer. I pray that you are doing all you can in your church callings. I pray for your safety in your jobs, that you will be good mothers and fathers, you do well in your schooling. I pray that evil men and women will be kept away from my children and grandchildren that you will not be harmed by them. I pray that you are serving where you see a need. I worry about each one of you. My prayers have been heard by a loving Heavenly Father because so far each of you seem to be doing all that I ask for in my prayers. I am grateful for each one of you. I appreciate who you are and the things you are doing in the world and in the church. You give my heart great joy when I think of the good that all of you are doing. Please know that I know that Heavenly Father lives! He knows me and He knows each one of you by name. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that he did atone for my sins. That by Him and only Him can I return to be with My Father in Heaven. This is a first of a "Love Letter" to each of you.

2 comments:

Jolamay said...

Kimberly and I thank you for prayers and love. Also, its nice to see what is going on in your life.

Susan said...

what a sweet post mom, thank you!