Sunday, October 26, 2008

Receive these little ones

I'm teaching the New Testament this year. Last week I was reading Matthew 18 where it talks about becoming as a little child. I read verse 5 that says, "And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me." I thought about how we need to teach, help, and bless little children and was ready to read on when I wondered about the word "receive." What does it mean to "receive" little children? How do we receive them? It occurred to me that one way we receive them is when we welcome them into our families. And I thought about my children who are now young parents and are in the middle of the challenges of raising young families. Thanks for receiving these precious children into your families. Thanks for loving them and teaching them. The Savior said when you receive them you receive Him. This adds new meaning to the verse "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these ... ye have done it unto me" (Matt 25:40). Love, Dad



No comments: